Glass Art NZ Rainbow Mountain Hangi Stone
Our Glass Art NZ Rainbow Mountain Hangi Stone evokes the smooth oval form of river stones that are shaped by water. The Maori heat those river stones by fire. They then lay them into the earth in their traditional cooking pit – the Hangi. Thus, the oval shape creates a unique link of the pieces with New Zealand.
- dimensions: 25 cm (9.8 inches) x 10 cm (3.9 inches)
- colours: blue, brown, red, green
- finish: matte
- inspired by the colourful layered geology of a hill called Rainbow Mountain just south of Rotorua. The marbling shows the history of its volcanic past
- original piece of glass art
- signed and dated by award-winning glass artist Lynden Over
- hand-blown in Lava Glass studio in Taupo, New Zealand
- not painted, but made of different layers of coloured glass
- part of Lynden Over’s signature range, the ‘Volcanic Series’
- available pieces in the same colour scheme:
Free Worldwide Shipping
- we make sure that our glass art is safely packed
- free insured worldwide shipping
- after purchase, tracking number of parcel is provided
- 100% guarantee that goods arrive safely
Start or add to your collection today
We will select a piece in the same size but there will be pattern variations to the glass you receive. If you want a photo of the exact piece you will receive, please use the ‘Product Enquiry’ tab below.
You might also like our Wonderful Wai Hangi Stone.