Glass Art NZ Large Rainbow Mountain Hangi
Our Glass Art NZ Large Rainbow Mountain Hangi is part of Lynden Over’s Volcanic Series. He has created a representation of Hangi Stones based on the shape of the smooth oval form of river stones. These river stones are heated by fire and laid in the earth in the traditional Maori cooking pit – the Hangi.
- dimensions: 340mm x 185mm (13.4 inches x 7.3 inches)
- finish: matte
- inspired by the colourful layered geology of a hill called Rainbow Mountain just south of Rotorua. The marbling shows the history of its volcanic past
- original piece of glass art
- made, signed and dated by award-winning glass artist Lynden Over
- hand-blown in Lava Glass studio in Taupo, New Zealand
- not painted, but made of different layers of coloured glass
- part of Lynden Over’s signature range, the ‘Volcanic Series’
- comes with a certificate of authenticity
- available pieces in the same colour scheme:
Free Worldwide Shipping
- we make sure that our glass art is safely packed
- free insured worldwide shipping
- after purchase, tracking number of parcel is provided
- 100% guarantee that goods arrive safely
This piece is sold
If you’d like to commission a similar piece, please contact us.
You might also like our Desert Road Hangi.